Sydney City Centre
Sydney’s city center offers a world of sites, activities and places to wine and dine. The center has some of the best shopping as well as the best view in Sydney’s tallest structure, The Sydney Tower. This tower offers stunning panoramic scenes which can give you a sneak peak of what else there is to see in the area! Here is a top 10 list of must-see places while in Sydney’s City Centre.
1. Bondi Beach- Surfs up here at Bondi Beach! Bring your board and sunscreen and enjoy this epic 1 kilometer stretch of world famous sand and water.
2. Manly Beach- Another amazing beach that you surely can’t miss is Manly Beach. Enjoy the views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge as you catch a ferry across to this iconic beach.
3. Sydney Opera House- You know this building very well. You have seen it everywhere. Are you really going to miss the chance to see it person? Of course not! Built in 1973 this landmark is the most most well-known when you think of Sydney and possibly Australia. Take a guided tour of this unique building or try to get tickets to the upcoming event to hear those amazing acoustics roar.
4. Sydney Harbor Bridge- For a view of the Harbour, just take the beautiful 1.5 mile walk across this bridge. You’re welcome to drive across it of course, but good luck getting a great shot of anything while in the car!
5. Blue Mountains- To get your dose of Sydney’s flora and fauna definitely check out the Blue Mountains. At this mountain range, you can make your own postcards to send home with all the stunning scenery and wildlife around you.
6. Sydney Aquarium- Located in Darling Harbour, this family-friendly activity will please any marine enthusiast, young or old! With over 650 species and over 6,000 fish this aquarium packs a lot.
7. Taronga Zoo- This is the perfect place to bring the kids while you are on vacation in Sydney. With over 2,500 different animals, this place will keep you and the family busy all day.
8. Kings Cross- Contrary to the zoo, this area is for adults only at night. This is Sydney’s red-light party district and here you can entertain yourself until the wee-hours of the morning with seedy nightclubs, bars, and stores.
9. The Rocks- This is the place to wine and dine, shop till you drop, and have an all out party at some posh clubs and bars.
10. Sydney Harbour- See Sydney just like Captain Cook did, from out in the water! There are picturesque views from the ferry that you can’t find anywhere else.